Earn a Highly Valued Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology
Gain the necessary skills to specify, install, test, operate, maintain, and document basic mechanical systems with our Associate of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology. Various career opportunities are available to graduates of this program, including support operations in manufacturing, plant management, product testing, quality assurance, and engineering. The courses you complete may be counted toward our Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering Technology, making it more convenient for you to progress in your education and career. Additionally, many of the courses taken toward this degree may be applied toward a related Certificate Program in Manufacturing Technology, allowing you to earn additional credentials upon graduation.
Through the curriculum of this program, you will gain:
- A broad foundation in engineering technology
- The technical skills needed to support engineering activities
- The ability to design, test, and manufacture products, systems, and devices
One Success Leads to Another
Apply credits from lower credentials to higher ones. Our programs are designed to build upon themselves:
Suggested Program of Study - Total Credits: 68First-year students should not take more than 1 or 2 courses their first semester. Subsequent course loads may be determined by the student's own personal time constraints.
- MATH.1200 Precalculus Mathematics I (3cr) - Available Summer 2023!
- MTEC.1020 Engineering Design and Graphics (3cr)
- ENGL.1010 College Writing I (3cr) - Available Summer 2023!
- MATH.1230 Precalculus Mathematics II (3cr) - Available Summer 2023!
- MTEC.2000 Computer Aided Drafting (CADrf) (3cr) - Available Summer 2023!
- ENGL.1020 College Writing II (3cr) - Available Summer 2023!
- MATH.1250 Calculus A (3cr)
- PHYS.1310 Technical Physics I (3cr)
- MTEC.2260 Technical Communications for Engineering Technology (3cr) - Available Summer 2023!
- MATH.1260 Calculus B (3cr)
- PHYS.1320 Technical Physics II (3cr)
- MTEC.2950 Materials Science (3cr)
- MTEC.2210 Statics (3cr)
- MTEC.2410 Elements of Thermodynamics I (3cr)
- PSYC.1010 Introduction to Psychological Science (3cr) - Available Summer 2023!
- ETEC.1300 Electrical Basics and Laboratory (2cr)
- MTEC.2220 Dynamics (3cr)
- MTEC.2230 Mechanics of Materials (3cr)
- MTEC.2420 Applied Fluid Mechanics (3cr)
- MTEC.2020 Thermo/Fluids Laboratory (2cr)
- MTEC.3050 Manufacturing Processes (3cr)
- ETEC.1310 Electronic Basics and Laboratory (3cr)
- HIST.---- Arts & Humanities Course (DCA) - 3cr
- MTEC.3020 Mechanics/Materials Laboratory (2cr)
MTEC.2410, MTEC.2420, MTEC.2260 or ENGL.2260
MATH.1260, MTEC.2210, PHYS.1320
MTEC.2220, MTEC.2230, MTEC.2260
All associate's degree candidates are required to earn a minimum 2.00 cumulative grade point average (GPA), to present a minimum of 68 semester hours, to fulfill the residency requirements, to conform to the general regulations and requirements of the University, to satisfy the regulations and academic standards of the colleges which exercise jurisdiction over the degrees for which they are matriculating, to satisfy the curriculum requirements established by the departments or programs in their major, and to complete the University's Core Curriculum requirements, which are listed within the program's curriculum outline. For additional information regarding the University's general policies and procedures, transfer credit information and residency requirements; please refer to our Academic Policies & Procedures.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition at UMass Lowell is typically half the cost of private colleges, and our online tuition is among the lowest in the nation. Tuition for online programs offered through the Division of Graduate, Online & Professional Studies is the same whether you live in-state, out-of-state or outside of the U.S.
Summer 2023 Tuition
|Cost Per Credit||Cost Per 3-Credit Course*|
|On Campus Lowell||$340||$1,020|
|On Campus Haverhill||$300||$900|
|Term Registration Fee||$30|
|Undergraduate Degree Application||$60|
Please note: Tuition and fees are subject to change.
Looking for Financial Assistance?
Applying into an Undergraduate Degree Program
Complete the Online Undergraduate Degree Application Form (preferred), or print, complete and submit the Undergraduate Degree Application .pdf form. Please note: Your application will be processed once we have received your $60 application fee. Return your completed application along with your application fee to:
University of Massachusetts Lowell
Division of Graduate, Online & Professional Studies
839 Merrimack Street
Lowell, MA 01854
Questions? See our helpful Step-by-Step Guide to the Application Process.
To be considered for acceptance into an associate's degree program offered through the Division of Graduate, Online & Professional Studies, students must hold a high school diploma or have passed either the GED® or HiSET®. Graduate, Online & Professional Studies operates on a rolling admissions basis and each application is reviewed when the student's file is complete. Students must be admitted to a degree or certificate program in order to be eligible for most financial aid.
Questions Regarding Your Undergraduate Application?
Email OCE_Admissions@uml.edu or call 978-934-2474.
For General Assistance:
Call the Advising Center at 978-934-2474 or 800-480-3190. Our academic advisors are here to help!