Online Graduate Certificate in Innovation and Entrepreneurship
UMass Lowell's online Graduate Certificate in Innovation and Entrepreneurship will give you the knowledge you need to develop and launch a new business or product and implement corporate entrepreneurship to gain a competitive advantage in the changing global economy. Relevant for entrepreneurial or start-up environments as well as the creation of new business opportunities at established organizations, this affordable, high-quality program will help you develop fundamental business skills and a strong understanding of the new venture creation process.
Students who complete the Innovation and Entrepreneurship certificate are subsequently accepted into UMass Lowell's Master of Science in Entrepreneurship. Many courses from this certificate can also be applied toward the Online MBA.
- General and Operations Managers
- Business Operations Specialists
- Project Management Specialists
- Financial and Investment Analysts
- Computer Occupations
- Chief Executives
- Financial Risk Specialists
"Venture capital investment in start-ups has surged to its highest level ever — $148 billion last year alone."
Through this program, you will deepen your understanding of the following topics:
- Business strategy
- Financial forecasting
- Value creation
- Planning and evaluation models
- Market research
- Problem-solving techniques in interdisciplinary and multicultural environments
- New product development
- Approaches to financing innovation and new technology ventures within existing firms and on a stand-alone basis
- Corporate experimentation and risk taking
- The development of comprehensive integrated marketing plans
One Success Leads to Another
Apply credits from lower credentials to higher ones. Our programs are designed to build upon themselves:
Learn from a Leader in Innovation and Entrepreneurship
UMass Lowell has a robust entrepreneurial ecosystem that includes co-working space for start-ups with the Innovation Hubs in Lowell and Haverhill; M2D2 (the Massachusetts Medical Device Development Center & Biotech Incubator); the Office of Technology Commercialization; the Fabric Discovery Center; and DifferenceMaker®, a campus-wide program that engages UMass Lowell students in creative problem solving, innovation and entrepreneurship.
Have Questions?For more information on the Graduate Certificate Program in Innovation and Entrepreneurship, please contact the Manning School of Business at 978-934-2745 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Required Courses: 2
- Electives: 2
Required Courses (2 / 6cr)
Choose one of the following:
- ENTR.6400 New Venture Creation (3cr) - Available Summer 2023!
- ENTR.6550 Corporate Entrepreneurship (3cr)
Choose one of the following:
- ENTR.6500 Innovation and Emerging Technology (3cr) - Available Summer 2023!
- ENTR.6510 Technological Entrepreneurship (3cr)
Electives (Choose 2 / 6cr)
- ENTR.6400 New Venture Creation * (3cr) - Available Summer 2023!
- ENTR.6550 Corporate Entrepreneurship * (3cr)
- ENTR.6500 Innovation and Emerging Technology * (3cr) - Available Summer 2023!
- ENTR.6510 Technological Entrepreneurship * (3cr)
- ENTR.6350 Financing Innovation and Technology Ventures (3cr)
- MKTG.6300 Market Research (3cr)
- ENTR.6450 New Product Development (3cr)
- ENTR.6100 Global Entrepreneurship and Innovation I (3cr) - Available Summer 2023!
- MKTG.6010 Customers and Markets (3cr) - Available Summer 2023!
MBA/ MSF/MSEM/MGFB/PSM or PHD.
MBA Professionals, MSA, MS-ITE
MBA, MSA, MS ITE or MSF.
MBA, FoundCore or MSITE or MSA
Tuition & Fees
Tuition at UMass Lowell is typically half the cost of private colleges, and our online tuition is among the lowest in the nation. Tuition for online programs offered through the Division of Graduate, Online & Professional Studies is the same whether you live in-state, out-of-state or outside of the U.S.
Summer 2023 Tuition
|Cost Per Credit||Cost Per 3-Credit Course*|
|On Campus||View Here||View Here|
|Term Registration Fee||$30|
|Graduate Engineering and Business Degrees and Certificate Applications||$75|
Please note: Tuition and fees are subject to change.
Estimate the cost of this program with our online tuition calculator
Looking for Financial Assistance?
For Graduate Certificate Programs, Please Submit:
- An application
- An application fee*
- An official transcript indicating a completed bachelor's degree. If your bachelor's degree is from outside the United States, you may be required to take the TOEFL examination.
- No Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is required for graduate certificate programs
Applications can be completed and submitted at any time during the year. Your application will be processed as soon as all admission materials have been received. You may apply to more than one certificate program but can only take 12 credits maximum before enrolling in an advanced degree. Learn more about specific application requirements for your program of interest.
Count Your Graduate Certificate Toward a Master's Degree
Credits earned from a graduate certificate may be used toward a related graduate degree. Students who complete a UMass Lowell graduate certificate with a qualifying GPA (see waiver form for details) can waive the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) when applying to a related master's degree, if the GRE is required.
Graduate Program Admissions Requirements
Admission to all graduate programs at UMass Lowell is contingent upon successful completion of a bachelor's degree. In many cases, applicants may register for a course before formally applying to the program; however, students requiring financial aid may want to wait until they have been formally accepted into the program to ensure that their course(s) will be covered. Contact UMass Lowell's Office of Graduate Admissions if you have questions about the application process.
Questions Regarding Your Graduate Application?
Email Graduate_Admissions@uml.edu or call 800-656-4723 (for U.S. students) or 978-934-2390 (for international students).
For General Assistance:
For general questions about registering for courses or to find out who the advisor is for your graduate program, call 800-480-3190. Our admissions and advising teams are here to help!