Gain Leadership and Project Management Skills with a Certificate in Engineering Innovation
Delivered 100% online, this four-course certificate program will build your knowledge on how to lead innovative and entrepreneurial projects from inception to commercialization. You will develop new skills and expertise in ideation, market assessment, project management and technical and human resource management. Upon completion, you will acquire a comprehensive understanding of the steps needed to approach innovative and entrepreneurial engineering projects that drive organizational revenue.
- Deepen your understanding of a project's technical merits and build market assessment and project management competencies.
- Examine statistical Design of Experiments concepts and learn how they can be applied to the design and manufacturing of new technology projects.
- Understand how to apply market research techniques to inform strategic decision-making and investment in new products or services.
- Enhance decision-making and leadership skills to achieve an individual and organizational competitive advantage in environments where technology management, business operations and strategies for contract compliance are critical.
- Master analytical and operational processes that ensure projects stay on schedule and within budget.
- Total Course Required: 4 (12 Credits)
Required Courses (4 Courses / 12 Credits)
- MECH.5760 Engineering Project Management (3cr) - Available Summer 2023!
- MECH.5750 Industrial Design of Experiment (3cr) - Available Summer 2023!
- MKTG.6300 Market Research (3cr)
- ENTR.6600 Entrepreneurial Teams (3cr)
CSCE Graduate Restrictions
MBA, FoundCore or MSITE or MSA
Graduate Certificate Requirements
Students enrolled in graduate certificate programs through UMass Lowell must complete all courses indicated in the curriculum outline. Students may complete the certificate program at their own pace by registering for and successfully completing one or more courses each semester, depending upon his/her personal time constraints. Students are required to maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.0 with no more than one course grade below B to receive the certificate.
Online courses meet throughout the year during the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters (see Calendar for details). Online students generally log into their online course website one or more times per week to retrieve lectures and assignments or to participate in a chat session. Online students should expect to spend 6 to 10 hours per week engaged in course-related activities for each course. For more information on online courses, visit our online program home page .
Completing a Graduate Certificate Program
Graduate certificate courses must be completed within a five-year period with a minimum 3.0 grade point average and no more than one course with a grade below B. Once all courses for a graduate certificate have been completed, students must complete and submit the Graduate Certificate Clearance Form. Students must submit their clearance form to their coordinator. The coordinator will apply them in SIS, Graduation Tracking.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition at UMass Lowell is typically half the cost of private colleges, and our online tuition is among the lowest in the nation. Tuition for online programs offered through the Division of Graduate, Online & Professional Studies is the same whether you live in-state, out-of-state or outside of the U.S.
Summer 2023 Tuition
|Cost Per Credit||Cost Per 3-Credit Course*|
|On Campus||View Here||View Here|
|Term Registration Fee||$30|
|Graduate Engineering and Business Degrees and Certificate Applications||$75|
Please note: Tuition and fees are subject to change.
Estimate the cost of this program with our online tuition calculator
For Graduate Certificate Programs, Please Submit:
- An application
- An application fee*
- An official transcript indicating a completed bachelor's degree. If your bachelor's degree is from outside the United States, you may be required to take the TOEFL examination.
- No Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is required for graduate certificate programs
Applications can be completed and submitted at any time during the year. Your application will be processed as soon as all admission materials have been received. You may apply to more than one certificate program but can only take 12 credits maximum before enrolling in an advanced degree. Learn more about specific application requirements for your program of interest.
Count Your Graduate Certificate Toward a Master's Degree
Credits earned from a graduate certificate may be used toward a related graduate degree. Students who complete a UMass Lowell graduate certificate with a qualifying GPA (see waiver form for details) can waive the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) when applying to a related master's degree, if the GRE is required.
Graduate Program Admissions Requirements
Admission to all graduate programs at UMass Lowell is contingent upon successful completion of a bachelor's degree. In many cases, applicants may register for a course before formally applying to the program; however, students requiring financial aid may want to wait until they have been formally accepted into the program to ensure that their course(s) will be covered. Contact UMass Lowell's Office of Graduate Admissions if you have questions about the application process.
Questions Regarding Your Graduate Application?
Email Graduate_Admissions@uml.edu or call 800-656-4723 (for U.S. students) or 978-934-2390 (for international students).
For General Assistance:
For general questions about registering for courses or to find out who the advisor is for your graduate program, call 800-480-3190. Our admissions and advising teams are here to help!